
So I never did get around to writing a 9 month update. Oh well. I can't remember now what happened at 9 months vs what he can do now at ten months, so I'll just update you all on life at the moment.
This past weekend was wonderful. Jared, Aaron and I were able to spend time with Uncle Ryan and Aunt DeeDee as they were visiting to attend a friend's wedding (which looks like it was beautiful, and we are SO happy for them). This was Aaron's second time seeing them, since they live out in Colorado. But he had a blast, as did we. Aaron also got some extra time with Grandma and Grandpa King. He got to sit in Grandma's lap for most of the church service on Sunday, and kept looking at Grandpa after lunch and clapping his hands. It brings so much joy to Jared and me to see our parents loving on Aaron so much, and to see him start to build a lifelong relationship of love with them as well. We both had amazing relationships with our own grandparents, and know how lucky Aaron is to have two wonderful sets of his own...as well as great grandparents to boot! My mom and dad were able to watch him last month, while Jared and I took in Toy Story 3. That was our first date alone since Aaron was born. I almost cried leaving him, and Jared almost broke the speed limit after the movie to get back to him...but it was nice to get out. I'm sure it will get easier now that we have had that first afternoon out sans baby.
So 10 months....here's the list I can come up with as to what is new in the life of our little man.
1. Aaron is eating finger foods. He decided that the only thing he wants off of a baby spoon is yogurt. He eats bits of bread, banana, avocado...and generally anything we are eating. His favorite thing ever are these cheese puff things that Gerber makes. He is obsessed with them.
2. He is learning to use a sippy cup. I had a typical no spill one that Aaron preferred to chew on rather than drink from. I had to remove the no spill seal in order for him to get any water, and that just negates the purpose of the no spill cup. While visiting, Deidre suggested a Nuby cup, so I picked one up today. He can actually use it! And I don't have to take out the seal! SCORE!!!
3. Aaron can now scoot himself across the floor. He likes to push around a toy mini buss that my grandparents gave him, and scoot after it. It's adorable, as you can see.
4. Aaron now throws fits when he doesn't get his way. These consist of a screaming, pink faced, back arching little boy. Oh man. He doesn't like the word "no". I think he also ignores me when I say it.
5. Aaron's new favorite discover are electrical cords. This is a BIG no no, and the aforementioned fits happen when Mommy says "no" and removes him from the prized toys.
6. He babbles, so much more. He can say "dada", but he doesn't say it in context yet.
7. Aaron understands some words. He know what Daddy, Mommy, light, milk, puff, up, tree, and "more" mean. We will say, "Aaron, where's the light?", and he will look up at the light. It's great.
8. We are working on some signs. He recognizes the sign for milk, but he won't repeat it yet. We are working on the signs for more, eat, drink, play, and all done.
9. He pulled up to standing on his own yesterday. So far it has just been once without assistance, but he is getting better.

10. He can pivot to his left while standing, and is starting to take a step while propped up against the couch.
11. He scrunches up his nose and sniffs through it when he has a booger blocking his nostril. If I do it first, he will mimic me. Speaking of mimicking, Jared, Aaron and I were blowing raspberries back and forth for a while the other night.
12. Aaron doesn't point yet, but he sticks out an open hand in the direction of anything that he wants to go investigate.

That is all I can think of at the moment. My love for this little guy simply overflows every day. Thank you God for deeming us worthy to raise this boy, and please guide our steps in the years to come.
Go Aaron! He's learning how to do so much. And he's getting cuter by the day. :)
ReplyDelete