So I missed the 15 month post. Mostly it is because blog writing seems daunting. And because I don't have a whole lot of free time during the day since we dropped that morning nap. Nap time gives me a chance to sit down, check the Internet, watch a nerdy show (has anyone seen Primeval from SyFy...ok maybe just me, but I like it so leave me alone!), and work out a bit on my elliptical. But little man is now 16 months, so I no longer have excuses to put this off =)
It amazes me how grown up Aaron is now. He can communicate his desires pretty well now. Sometimes a little too well, especially when Mommy's opinions don't match his. I have put him into time out twice so far. It is nothing too big yet: tell fussing and thrashing child that he is misbehaving, count to three to give him a chance to calm down, pick up fussing a thrashing child and deposit him in his crib (only area where he can be contained), tell him Mommy will come get him in a minute, sit down in my room a breathe for said minute, enter the room of the upset little boy and pick him up, ask for a hug, tell him why he had timeout, sit back down on the floor and continue to put his clothes on. Did I forget to mention that this is all about getting dressed? I guess sitting in my lap for a minute of his time is just too much to ask sometimes. Most of the days he will not put up a fight, thank goodness. Oh, that and diaper changes are apparently the worst things ever.
I don't mean to make it sound like he is just this completely willful child, because he isn't. He is a happy, silly, loving boy. When I am washing dishes or cooking dinner, and I can't get down and play with him like he wants to, Aaron will walk up to me and hug my legs. He then pitter-patters off to do something else (all within visual distance of Mommy), and returns for another hug. I love those. I also love hearing "Mam Mam Mam Mama" when I leave the room and he comes looking for me.
Development/personality updates:
1. Aaron can say a lot of words now. We have Dada, Mama, Papa, puh puh (puffs), BBAAAAAH (Boom!), buh buh (bubble), Wow, Uh Oh, Cookie, Go, No, DA (which we assume means "that"), dot (hot)...I know there are a few more but I can't think of them.
2. He is starting to try to run. If we say "go fast!" he will walk faster and get super excited.
3. For some reason when he gets excited he will tickle his own belly. We will see him walking around and making his happy/hyper yell, and then he will stop and tickle himself.
4. He tickles everything. Even Mommy and Daddy, his stuffed animals, and the bathtub, and his cups...
5. Aaron loves to pick a book out of his basket, bring it to one of us, and sit in our laps as we read to him. Some days he will bring EVERY BOOK HE HAS over to us to read. Of course, when he is in that mood he only makes it through a few pages per book.
6. He is still obsessed with lamps.
7. When we hold his hands to climb up the stairs, he tries to takes them one at a time like we do. His little leg stretches to the next step before his other foot is solidly planted on the previous one. Hilarious.
8. Trucks, cars, trains...anything with wheels has to be super fun to play with.
9. We finally got a mirror for the car that lets us see him when we drive. The other day I found him playing peek-a-boo with a stuffed animal bird in the mirror. He was putting his hands over the birds eyes to do so. This mirror might have been a bad idea. Too distracting for Mommy.
10. Aaron finally figured out how to drink through a straw! Win!
Playing in the laundry basket...still has a bruised head
Jared and I are doing well, and loving on our little man. We are getting excited about hopefully going on a date soon (our 3rd since tickle boy came along), and while we LOVE that kid to pieces...YAY DATE NIGHT!
We also got to meet little Aurora a few weeks ago. She is precious, and her parents are so dear to our hearts.
love the hamper photo! Let me know if you need me to babysit for your date!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that he learned to drink through a straw. It's so cute that he tickles everything- too cute! :D
ReplyDelete