Sunday, March 20, 2011

Mixed Feelings

Aaron was dropped off and picked up from the church nursery today without tears. He was even happy, and laughed when he saw us coming to get him. My little man is growing up!

...But my little man is growing up. He didn't want to nurse tonight before bedtime. Granted, we have been working on weaning lately (I never planned on extending breastfeeding beyond his first year, but it worked for both of us). We have cut out the morning wake-up feeding and pre-nap feeding within the last couple weeks. But he was still holding out for his bedtime routine and 1am wake-up-Mommy feeding. He will probably still want to nurse in the middle of the night tonight. I can't help feeling sad about this. I know it is what we have been working towards, but it also is the end of his babyhood in a way. He doesn't need me the same way that he did. I have a feeling that when this process is complete, I may find myself teary eyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment