So little Aaron will be two months old on Wednesday. That is crazy to think about. It is hard to explain how time goes by so fast, but yet it feels like he has been a part of our family for so much longer than that. Maybe it feels that way because I am awake for more hours in the day than ever before. Maybe.
The first week was pretty bad in regards to sleep. His first night home was the worst. I got maybe 2 total hours of sleep, and that was spread out over the entire night. Aaron would fall asleep after nursing, but I had no idea how to transfer him to his bed. Putting a half asleep baby to bed just doesn't work. He would wake himself up within a couple minutes and cry. We later learned how to tell when he was completely asleep and then put him down, which works much better. That process, however, has led to him not knowing how to fall asleep on his own. Sometimes he will cry very pathetically, and once I pick him up he is asleep within seconds. What have we done! I know we need to teach him to fall asleep on his own, but I do enjoy getting to hold and cuddle with him every night. And it is the cutest thing to look down at your baby as they sleep on your chest.
But anyway...the whole point of the post was to share that Aaron slept for 6 hours straight last night. And there was much rejoicing (by me mostly)! I don't expect this to happen all that often. He barely napped at all yesterday, so we knew he was especially tired. But it was so much easier to get up at 3am after 5 hours of sleep myself.
Oh, the things I get to look forward to! Hooray for you sleeping!
ReplyDelete