So we survived the first overnight trip with Aaron. It was great to see Great Grandpa Charlie and G.G. Connie (short for Great Grandma...she is so excited to be called G.G.) meet him for the first time. It was also wonderful to have all of my family in the same place at the same time. My parents and my sister are able to come up to my in-laws place every Thanksgiving. Having our families get along and be friends is such a blessing.
The car was quite packed for the 2 night stay. Aaron had his own small suitcase full of his clothes, our cosmetics, and the moby wrap. We had our own suitcase as well. We also took a box of diapers, the diaper bag, his pack-n-play, and his bouncer. We debated about the bouncer, but ended up putting it in the car as well. We didn't use it much though, so we could have done without it. Having his stroller permanently in the trunk also takes up a lot of room, so we had to load most things in the car itself. Aaron still hates his car seat, so he cried for about the first half hour. He finally fell asleep, but when he woke up he was ready to eat and we had 20 minutes of driving left, so he cried all the way there. I really, REALLY, hope he gets used to being in the car seat soon. Please.
Thanksgiving dinner was wonderful. Mmmmm. I don't know about anyone else, but the yams with marshmallows on top is one of my favorite dishes. That and pumpkin pie. We should have had pumpkin pie at our wedding instead of silly wedding cake. I don't even know if I would have fed a piece to Jared though, I probably would have just eaten it myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment