I love my husband. He always checks up on me in the morning before he heads off to work, and asks how the night went and how much sleep I got. I don't want him to have to get up with Aaron at night, because he needs all the sleep he can get. Also, since Aaron is breastfed...there really isn't anything Jared would be able to do to help me out in the wee hours of the morning, and there is no sense in both of us being tired the next day. For the past few nights Aaron had been sleeping for 2-3 hour stretches at a time. Last night, however, he went back to a restless pattern of sleep once I tried to put him down and go to sleep myself. So, suffice to say, I didn't get much rest last night. So, back to my wonderful husband...he took a half day today so that I could get a break and a nap (which I will try to take, but honestly I don't nap much during the day and never really have). Aaron started to fuss again when we tried to put him down, and Jared had to basically tell me to leave our little one with him and go do whatever I felt like doing. For now, that will be updating the blog and washing the dishes from the past couple days.
I'll leave you with some things that our 5 week old is now up to:
1. Bobbing his head around when we hold him upright. He has the tendency to actually throw his head one direction and freak us out with the force of it.
2. Not fussing as much during tummy time. He can last maybe 10 minutes now before he throws a fit.

3. Grabbing onto our clothes and my hair.
4. Not leaking poo out of his diapers. His legs are finally fat enough to plug the holes!
5. Smiling at me...ok so this only happened yesterday a couple of times. Until then he was content smiling and cooing to himself, but yesterday he actually smiled at me when he looked at me. SO AWESOME!
6. Not smiling at daddy...I hope this happens soon. It is probably because I see Aaron all day, and I also happen to be the one that gives him access to the food (i.e. boobie)
No comments:
Post a Comment